Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I've been busy...getting older

It was my 21st birthday on Monday. My friend flew over from Switzerland to come and celebrate with me, and we had a fairly good time, was good to reminisce about our first two years of uni, and look forward to our last one.

So, now I'm 21 and the depression that surrounds that is slowly settling in. I'm classed as an "adult" in virtually every country and culture I can think of. Life gets harder from here on out.

I'm currently hating coding Bytelink. Why? Well, Bytelink was never the prettiest of games, neither was Uplink, however, at least by the end of Alpha 3, we'd got a fairly clean-looking client. Now for the VB2K5 update, I've thrown the entire look out the window and started again. So every time I start up the client I'm greeted by the default windows skin, crappy buttons, and something that looks like a 5yr old did it. I hate this. I need prettiness. But I won't get prettiness until I finish the skin system.

I'm doing all sorts of things to VB that I don't think it was ever designed to do. Twisting it in weird ways to allow our scripting engine to work safely and securely.

Hopefully, GrimReapa will get some holiday from his school soon, and we can do some hard work on the code.

That's all for now folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 21st man!! Hope the drinking was fun!! I don't drink myself, but I hear it's a freakin blast. Just look at it this way, now you can get the best parts out of life...

Wait a minute; I'm getting a message...I'm full of crap. Never mind. I have a tendency to exaggerate the benefits of certain things, being 21 is one of them. Sorry, but all I can say for certain is that from here on out, it's more of the same, until ya hit 60 or so, when you can collect retirement.

CD